Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Event ID 7024: VMware VirtualCenter Server service terminated with service-specific error 2 (0x2)

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Service Control Manager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 7024

Date: 3/2/2010

Time: 2:33:37 AM

User: N/A

Computer: ABCDD

Description:

The VMware VirtualCenter Server service terminated with service-specific error 2 (0x2).

This was the error which I was getting whenever I tried to start "VMware VirtualCenter Server".

  1. I checked SQL ODBC connection and that was running fine.
  2. I tried playing with license server thinking that license might have caused this but no success.
  3. I then checked SQL for following error

Event Type: Failure Audit

Event Source: MSSQLSERVER

Event Category: (4)

Event ID: 18456

Date: 3/1/2010

Time: 9:00:00 AM

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer: ABCDDDD

Description:

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'. [CLIENT: <local machine>]

This one also fixed but still I was not able to start services. Finally I stopped IIS service on VC box and then tried to start VC service this worked .

Source and credit : Google and this link

No comments: