Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Error with XenServer: SR backend failed to complete the operation

While creating SR on Xen Server 5.5 U2 with backend storage as MD3000i , I was getting following error message

height=

Troubleshooting steps:

1. I unchecked MP option on host and tried again it was able to see all the lun while doing lun scan

height=

2. I then removed the host from pool and tried enabling MP and see if that worked but while scanning the lun it was still throwing same error message

height=

3. Reconfigure all the virtual disk on MD3000i and check all the setting. Finally we found that on one controller if we change the prefer path then I am able to create SR or else it throws error

height=

4. I had other setup with same storage as background. I moved this host into separate pool and checked the MP functionality. With this host I also copied /etc/multipath.conf file from the host which was working . I then restarted multipath /etc/init.d/multipathd restart

This worked great on different pool

5. Finally I updated multipath.conf on all the Xenhost and restarted multipath demon

6. From the controller side I have disabled IP V6 setting on one of the controller which was enabled

height=

Finally with above two changes all the SR had MP enabled

height=

No comments: