Thursday, June 13, 2013

DDC setup does not showup virtual machine storage?

While performing configuration of Citrix XenDesktop we found that there were no storage resource available to assign for virtual machine manager. Here we are trying to integrate System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 with XenDesktop 5.6

image

So there are few pre-requisite for storage to showup and this need to configured via SCVMM and Hyper-V host. Here we need to insure that for EVERY host placement is defined as show below

 image

And for same path which is under placement sharing is enabled

image

Once this done you can view storage under virtual machine storage.

image

Source : http://blog.itvce.com/?p=675

3 comments:

BogdanR said...

Hello,
I`m trying to follow your steps and I receive the following error

"An error occurred while trying to share ClusterStorage. The resources must be online on the same node for this operation. The shared resource was not created at this time."

Any hints on how to fix this ?

Thank your.Cheers.

Vikash Kumar Roy said...

This sounds like different error. I would definitely run CVR and check the health of all the luns. Also check permission and use cluster admin account to see if that makes any difference. FYI with my latest 2012R2 I haven't face any such issue. More over I use same account for all my XD management.
HTH

Gabor Farago said...

Bogdan,

I have got the same issue. Just stop the Cluster service and you can share the folder.

Regards,
Gabor Farago